How to get from Nur-Sultan to Kostanay by different ways
You can get to Kostonay from the capital of Kazakhstan, the city of Nur-Sultan, by air and land transport. Of the latter, it is popular to travel on the country's steel highways. Moreover, there are more and more services where you can buy rail tickets without leaving home.
Both cities are on the territory of Kazakhstan, they are separated by less than 600 km. But this is in a straight line. By any means of land transport, you have to travel 700 km or more.
Carriers offer the following ways to get from Nur-Sultan to Kostonai.
- The fastest way is to use air transport. There is at least one plane per day departing from Nursultan Nazarbayev Airport, making a direct flight between the cities. Travel time is an hour and a half. More information about the number of daily flights and their departure times can be found on the official website of the airport terminal. It is no secret that air transportation, unless you use low-cost airlines, is not characterized by democratic prices.
- You can also take the bus. During the day there are three buses leaving from the bus station in the direction of Kostonai. At 16.30 and 21.55 to the town of Rudny, and at 20.00 to Lisakovsk. The bus to Lisakovsk will take you to your destination in the shortest time, 9 hours and 20 minutes. In the other two cases, the journey will take 13 to 15 hours. Not everyone tolerates a long overnight trip. Most often, during the next day there will be a feeling of fatigue, irritability and poor concentration. It is unpleasant to go to negotiations or a meeting in such a condition.
- Private transport is always fast and comfortable if you do not have to sit behind the wheel. It is difficult to make a journey of 700 km, often in bad weather conditions or at night. In terms of time, it will take at least 8.5 hours without taking into account traffic jams, accidents or car breakdowns. In addition, driving your own car for long distances in Kazakhstan is considered one of the most expensive ways to travel. Perhaps, the only thing more expensive is traveling by airplane.
- You can use the service BlaBlaCar and go to Kostonai as a hitchhiker. It would be much cheaper. However, it is difficult to be confident in the professionalism of an unfamiliar driver and in the technical condition of the car. In addition, it is the same 9 hours of travel spent in the same position.
- More and more people are using rail transport. Despite the fact that the travel time will be 12 to 14 hours, it can be spent in comfort. Destinations are served by long-distance trains. Passengers have the opportunity to choose a trip in the parlor or compartment carriage. During the trip you can walk around the car, stretch during one of the stops, have dinner in a restaurant. Or just stretch out on the berth with a book or a gadget in hand.
There are 13 departures from Nur-Sultan (old station) and Nur-Sultan (Nurly Zhol) stations during the day.
You don't need to go to the train station to buy rail tickets. It is enough to have a personal computer, laptop or tablet and a connection to the World Wide Web. The online service https://tickets.kz/gd will allow you to order and pay for train tickets under the jurisdiction of Kazakhstan Temir Zholy or Kazakhstan Railways. Even if the traveler is in another country.
The advantages of buying rail tickets on the Internet resource are the following.
- The site contains current schedules from all railway stations in Kazakhstan.
- The traveler can choose a ticket himself or use the search engine "Searching for a ticket for you. All you have to do is specify your destination station, class of carriage, and desired seat. The system itself will select options. The passenger has only to make the final choice. Important: if there is no direct rail service, the program will offer the most advantageous route in terms of time and distance.
- Payment for tickets is made by cashless payment using bank cards "Visa", "MasterCard", "AmEx", "UnionPay" or payment system "Kaspi". Or by debiting your cell phone balance. Available for subscribers of "Kcell", "Activ" and "Beeline" networks.
- You can return tickets online at any time.
When purchasing tickets, regular customers get a bonus for the next trip, equal to 1% of the value of the purchased ticket.
Travelers note the excellent technical support of the site and its visitors. Consultation in Kazakh, Russian and English is available 24 hours a day. As well as a convenient mobile application for buying train tickets. With the help of Tickets.kz service, it is also possible to book and pay for plane tickets, hotel. transfer.