How to get from Phuket to Krabi
Phuket to Krabi is a popular destination for tourists coming on vacation to Thailand who want to visit both resorts, which are very different from each other. The most frequent destination for Russian tourists is Phuket: the island is very popular because of its famous bounty beaches, waterfalls and an amazing variety of flora and fauna.
In addition, the rest here will appeal to fans of nightclubs, discos and nightlife. Those who want to learn more about Thailand or just appreciate a quieter holiday, choose a trip to Krabi - a province famous for karst caves, hot springs, mountain peaks with observation decks, with views for many kilometers.
How much from Phuket to Krabi? Distance calculation
The famous island is 60 kilometers from the province in a straight line. To get from Phuket to Krabi there are different ways, both by sea and by land; they differ not only in cost, but also in the duration and the degree of comfort of the trip:
- A sea voyage is the fastest option, as it would only take 60 kilometers to get there.
- Traveling by land is an option for those who do not like going by sea. Depending on the road, the distance is 160-180 kilometers. Tourists can choose between a bus and a cab.
Phuket to Krabi: How to get there?
The choice of route depends on the preferences of travelers and their vacation budget. So, people going to Thailand alone, with a spouse or friends, most often choose to travel by sea or by bus, while tourists arriving with a family prefer to go by cab. The latter option is considered the most expensive.
This option is suitable for those who do not want to spend too much money on travel. The ticket costs about 4.5 dollars, buses leave from the station every hour, and the trip itself takes 2.5 hours. The route has no unnecessary stops, but the journey is not convenient, because the end point is the bus station 12 kilometers from the center of Krabi.
Often tourists traveling by bus have to additionally order a cab upon arrival in the province to get to the resort area. The method is optimal for those traveling light, and not very suitable for families going on vacation with impressive luggage.
The sea journey is the most interesting way to follow the Krabi to Phuket route, a distance of 60 kilometers, and can be taken by boat or ferry. You can buy a ticket at a local travel agency, or you can go to a tour desk to book a transfer from your hotel to Phuket's Rassada Pier or a trip to Ao Nang Bay in Krabi. You can take bus number 3 to the pier itself: it's easily recognized by its pink coloration. The ferry leaves the island every day, the cost of the trip to Krabi for an adult passenger is just under $12.
To take the speedboat, you have to pay $20-28; unlike the ferry, it runs more frequently. Check the schedule at the ticket office at the pier. The travel time in both cases is 2.5 hours. The main advantages of the sea route:
- The opportunity to combine the trip with a view of the sea, turn it into a part of the vacation and enjoy the scenic panoramas.
- Convenient schedule, tickets for the ferry or boat are available almost always.
- The average cost, which makes the trip by sea quite affordable entertainment.
Going to Krabi from Phuket by sea is the best solution for couples and families, but it is not suitable for people with carsickness. In addition, remember that the ferry departs only during daylight hours, and if you need to get to the province, arriving on the island at night, you have to choose another way.
Cab + transfer
This method is the fastest and most convenient, it is suitable for those who do not travel light, do not like numerous transfers or travel with children. The cost of the trip starts at $90; the high price is its only disadvantage. Advantages:
- There is no need to wait as in the case of the bus, boat or ferry: the car can be ordered or chosen from among the carriers offering services already at the airport.
- Minimum time: the trip takes less than 2 hours, even in the case of traffic jams.
- Comfort for those who go to Thailand with many suitcases.
- Cab is the best option for tourists who need to immediately get to the hotel without extra transfers.
- This option is suitable for travelers who need to get into the province from Phuket at night: other transport in this period simply does not go.
When choosing any method, it is important to contact the official carriers, so as not to run into scammers and not to overpay.