For many people, shopping is an activity that ranks with other activities. Indeed, spending all the time on the beach or by the pool or going on excursions is boring.
In addition, there may be an objective need to buy, for example, new sandals or clogs if the old ones are in disrepair. You may want to get something to eat, buy groceries, go bowling, or watch a movie in English.
Numerous shopping centers in Pattaya provide opportunities for all of the above. There are many shopping complexes in the city. The prices in Pattaya stores are lower than, for example, in Phuket or Bangkok.
Central Festival is the largest shopping mall known throughout Pattaya. It is customary to make appointments near or inside the complex. The location of other establishments is often defined in relation to it ("it's on the right, next to Central Festival").
The shopping complex's prestigious proximity - and it's in the same building as the Hilton - adds to its importance.
Inside - 7 floors, on which are located:
- a grocery supermarket, a food court with McDonald's and other fast food outlets;
- More than two hundred stores with clothes, shoes, accessories, cosmetics, jewelry, and more;
- electronics and technology stores;
- stores with children's goods, playground for children;
- restaurants and cafes (separate floor);
- movie theater and slot machines.
- Open: 11.00-23.00
- Where is it located: between Beach Rd. and Second Rd. - There is an entrance on both sides.
Tesco Lotus hypermarkets are present everywhere in Thailand. Pattaya is no exception: there is a Tesco Lotus, and even more than one. Traditionally, the retail chain gives the first floor of its buildings to stores selling clothes, electronics and household goods. On the top floor is a hypermarket.
You can buy anything here: food, household goods, cooking utensils, etc. - the range is wide, the prices are reasonable. The shopping here is a common destination for those who live permanently in Pattaya and locals.
- Open: 9.00-22.00
- Where are: 1 - North Pattaya Rd. 2 - Sukhumvit-Pattaya 47 Alley. 3 - Near Sukhumvit Rd. close to Outlet Mall and Thepprasit night market. 4 - Chaiyaphruek 2 Rd.
Big C is another well-known chain of super- and hypermarkets. The organization of the retail space is similar to that of Tesco stores. The range is wide: from groceries and kitchenware to refrigerators and motorcycles. There are a total of 3 Big C hypermarkets in Pattaya.
- Open: 8.00-23.00
- Where are: 1 - South Pattaya Rd. and Sukhumvit Rd. 2 - Central Marina Shopping Mall. 3 - At the intersection of Central Pattaya Rd. and Paniadchang.
A supermarket known for selling dairy products: cottage cheese, kefir, ryazhenka, sour cream. Many people from Russia, Ukraine, and other former Soviet republics live in the area where it is located: the owners try to select the appropriate assortment. You can also find Russian-language press here.
- Where is it located: at the intersection of North Pattaya Rd. and Second Rd.
Another shopping center in the northern part of the city, Central Marina, is the result of the reconstruction of the mall under a different name, Central Center. On the first floor there is a Big C hypermarket (with a separate entrance), on the second floor there are stores with clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc., and on the third floor there is a movie theater.
Inside, there's a great playground, a food court area, and a McDonald's with a separate entrance.
- Open: 11.00-23.00
- Where is it located: Second Rd. near the intersection with North Pattaya Rd.
King Power Duty Free
King Power is a chain of Thai stores, where goods are allegedly sold duty-free. 7% of the price can indeed be refunded at the airport on departure (the so-called "VAT refund" - applies to all purchases in Thailand by foreigners), but you can get what you bought only there.
Some products can be taken out of the store immediately. Prices in King Power for many products are higher than in other shopping malls in Pattaya.
- Where is it located: Sukhumvit Rd. near the intersection with Central Pattaya Rd.
Mike Shopping Mall
The shopping center is located in a tourist area. On five floors they sell clothes, shoes, souvenirs. A separate top floor is dedicated to the food court.
- Where is it located: between Beach Rd. and Second Rd. the entrance is on both sides.
Outlet Mall and Premium Outlet
Outlets, or outlet stores, sell goods, mostly clothing and footwear, from past collections at a tangible discount. There are two such malls in Pattaya - Outlet Mall and Premium Outlet - located next to each other.
Here you can buy not only clothes and shoes from Adidas, Nike, Lacoste, Espri and many other famous brands, but also sports and hiking equipment, children's goods. There are places where you can grab a bite to eat.
- Open: 10.00-22.00
- Where is it located: at the intersection of Sukhumvit Rd. and Thepprasit Rd.
P.S. Bowl Plaza
A small mall known for its 32-lane bowling alley. In addition: stores, a food court, and a Tops supermarket open 24 hours a day. There is an outlet.
- Where is itThe location: at the intersection of Central Pattaya Rd. and Second Rd.
Royal Garden Plaza
The shopping center is geared toward tourists. In Royal Garden Plaza the emphasis is on the entertainment component: there are stores, but they occupy only 30% of space.
A whole floor is devoted to family entertainment:
- movie theater;
- museum of unusual things;
- mirror laughing room;
- room of horrors;
- children's attractions.
The shopping center has restaurants, as well as fast food outlets: McDonald's, KFC, Burger King.
- Open: 11.00-23.00
- Where is it located: Between Beach Rd. and Second Rd. at the entrance from the latter is a fuselage of an airplane (which allegedly crashed into the mall).
Tukkom is an electronics and home appliance fair. Its size is impressive: 5 floors of stores selling everything from cell phones to televisions, as well as a large hypermarket offering brand-name appliances and offices fixing mobile appliances and computers. There is a food court, a Tops food supermarket, and a few clothing stores.
- Open: 10.00-21.00
- Where is it locatedSouth Pattaya Rd. near Walking St.